Pants: Never a Good Decision
…at least where Wonder Woman is concerned.
Why hello there, comic shop peeps! If you’ve been trying to reach me via e-mail and I haven’t replied, please know that I’m not intentionally ignoring you (unless your name is Dario*)—rather, my e-mail has not been working lately. And by “not working,” I mean “forgot my password.” Don’t ask me how I managed to do that, but I did, and thus haven’t been able to log in for about three weeks or more now. EDIT: fixed!
I am staggeringly behind on my comics reading and haven’t picked up any new stuff in two weeks, so I ask your forgiveness for the lack of reviews. In the meantime, some notes/commentary:
- As the final cover and variant cover for Justice League #1 come out, the great pants/no pants debate rages on, and it’s absurdly amusing if not very depressing. For the record? I’m pretty thrilled to see the pants gone (although that David Finch cover makes me want to cry). DCWKA has a pretty great post that rather nicely sums up most of my own feelings on the topic of female character uniforms.
- Oh. I finally saw the nixed David E. Kelley Wonder Woman pilot. To say that it’s one of the worst things I’ve ever watched would be paying it a compliment. Thank goodness this thing didn’t get picked up. As I sat there twitching and staring at the television in disbelief, Boyfriend fearfully turned to me at one point and said, “I can actually feel the rage coming off of you right now.”
- Because I am completely obsessed with comics to the point I spend my … um … “lunch break” (heh heh) reading about comics news on the internet, I just saw that The Source has a first look at Henry Cavill as Superman in the upcoming new movie. It looks very good, wouldn’t you agree? And as the article mentions, Laurence Fishburne now has the role of Perry White. Are we following in the footsteps of a Samuel L. Jackson Nick Fury? Not a bad decision, if you ask me.
- Another thing that’s not a bad decision is Marvel’s reveal of who the new Ultimate Spider-Man is. SPOILERS here and here. The character’s debut issue hit the stands on Wednesday in Ultimate Fallout #4, so snag a copy while you can.
- The first issue of Terry Moore’s new book, Rachel Rising, also came out this week. Is anyone checking this out? Because you should. Terry Moore is legit amazing—I would hate for his awesomeness to be eclipsed by the latest Marvel and DC hype. Really looking forward to getting my hands on this.
- Speaking of amazing—oh my goodness, Craig Thompson. I love him. His new book, Habibi, is coming out in just a few short weeks, and the previews I’ve seen are unbelievably gorgeous. It makes me feel better to know I’ll have something to look forward to in September when the “New 52” inevitably lets me down. Also, Mr. Thompson is doing a signing at the Brattle Theater in Harvard Square the day after the book comes out, so if you’re in the area, let me know because I will most certainly be there. PSYCHED, PSYCHED, PSYCHED!
- Saw Captain America the other week. It was awesome. Avengers trailer after the credits brought out my squealing fangirl. ‘Nuff said.
Okay, that’s all I got! It’s gonna be a three-day weekend for me, so I’ll catch you punks later! Happy comic reading!
*Just kidding, Dario, you know I love you!